Monday, September 04, 2006

Goodbye, Crocodile Hunter


Not a good start to a Monday morning when I read the news. 'Crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin has just passed away early today from a diving accident. According to BBC news, he was killed by a sting ray.
This is a sad, sudden loss. He was such an inspiration. He was probably the first person to make me look at reptiles in another light...
He truly loved wild life and I guess at the end he died doing what he loved.
He will be truly missed. But his legacy will go on.
Thank you, Steve. People like you are the reason I studied biology.

My condolences to Terri Irwin and the rest of the family.

2 comments:

Ping @ Phalanx said...

Unbelievable, isn't it? I was hoping it was a prank when I saw it on Wikinews. :(

Moshunter said...

Yeah, I was pretty shocked. Was really hoping it was a prank too when I saw the news. It is all so sad... Some friends and I toasted in his honour yesterday. May his ideals live on in all of us.