Friday, November 17, 2006

Running away from responsibilties

It is as if I am jinxed or something. Experiments are going awry, even the simple ones... The amount of stupid mistakes that I would normally not make is ridiculous... and sometimes just unexplainable that things go wrong.
So naturally I'm feeling down in the dumps. I can't get around how come I'm majorly this bad? I've done lab work before and never had a problem. It's like my brain has died or gone missing. Maybe I killed it or left it behind in Cardiff with Brains (lager).
To make matters more complicated,I'm still managing a bar part-time that is under pressure to perform better. When I first took over, it was a tip! Every health and safety (not a big fan of this, but the basic H&S common sense should be obviously applied) and hygiene regulation was practically broken. At least that is somewhat under control.

So, I've decided to take a trip to visit a friend in Exeter. Don't care of the running experiments. Nor the bar. I'm running away from here!

Maybe when I come back I'll be better?

"Well here I go,it's coming at me through the trees
Help me, someone, help me, please
Take my shoes off, and i will throw them in the lake, and I will be, two steps on the water

I found a fox, who was caught by dogs, he let me take him in my hands
His little heart, it beat so fast
And I'm ashamed to be running away
From nothing real, i just can't deal with this
I feel ashamed to be there"

- The Futureheads/ Kate Bush, Hounds of Love.

2 comments:

Ping @ Phalanx said...

Hm, wasn't Hounds of Love by Kate Bush?

Moshunter said...

Yes, she is the composer. But the version I have is sung by this band. Sharp one, Ping.