Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Listening to people talk...

Yesterday was the last of a lecture series that I had been going to held by Green College - Climate Change: Evidence, Effect and Evasive Action. It has been intriguing for attending this series that goes on every Monday evening for the last one month. It touches on the evidence of climate change, the impact it has on us all, problems facing us, and lastly what we need to do right now. I do hope people will take home the message in this series of lecture and make the effort in helping our environment. But what I like about this lectures are that the speakers are the experts and remain realistic... unlike some green evangelists I know.

Later that evening, I went to a religion versus science debate at the Oxford Union which was packed to the brim.
Not exactly what I thought it was going to be as I got the impression it was going to be a evolution versus intelligent design debate. But it turns out to be more on the lines of memetics versus religion. Well, I didn't know who was speaking until the actual debate started... (Speakers were: Susan Blackmore and Alistair McGrath)
But still, it was an interesting debate (from what I could hear of it) and I finally got to see what Dr. Blackmore look like. Not exactly what I thought she was going to be either ;).

Now I need some quiet...

No comments: