Monday, March 06, 2006

The Art of Talking

Whenever I go for an interview - formal or otherwise, I would be a nervous wreck! I would start to sweat (so much that shaking hands is an embaressment) and fidget in my seat like I was sitting on a pin-cushion. My face would be warm and a Joker-like grin would be plastered on it. I would also talk at a fast pace... And sometimes it's just gibberish! Gah! Why?
On the other spectrum, when faced an audience (i.e. more than two people!), I would get so scared that my mind would go blank and I would have a somber expression like something bad had happened to the world. Hmmm that bad thing happening would probably be me doing a speech. (The world's a stage, and it groans when Moshunter comes on to talk!)
It's been years. How do I get over this? A tutor once told me that some people are just like that. And the best way to overcome is to prepare something beforehand. But what about impromptu situations? Am I to sound like/worse than George Bush Jr. for the rest of my life? @_@.

I guess if I sound like the US President it would mean I'm as powerful! Kidding.

No comments: