Monday, July 03, 2006

Summer Hols


Been away on a little break to Italy. It was great. Florence was the choice of stay, but I got to travel a bit around the country on day trips... My week of rambling was filled with extreme (37 degree) temperature, Culex mosquitoes, Italian language, fumes of alcohol and generally trying to pace the Italian way of life...Here are some of the memoriable pics of that lovely country.

Shock! That was my expression when I realised that I'm going to have to sit on that ATR plane courtesy of Alitalia. Err... give me Ryan Air anytime... but then again what an experience... I doubt I'll have a chance to sit on a propellar plane again.

Room with a view.
The Villa I stayed in was eclectic, with their own orchard and vineyard... best part though was the view from my room... Overlooking the city of Florence, I just had to enjoy a cool drink of Campari mixx on the balcony amidst the scorching temperature.

Yes, why don't I?

Replica of David looking a little shy there...;)

The famous Florence Duomo, peaking out at the end of a lane...

The hand of San Giovanni on display in the Siena Duomo.

Gondolas parked in a row in Venice's San Marco square...

Where else would you go to get Venetian masks?

In Italy, kids are in a hurry to get to school... Go kids!


Bye bye Firenze... I'll definitely be back to ramble around the Tuscan landscape again! But for now, I'm back with a tan and work starts again... sniff.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

wwHey love the pics. Anymore?

Moshunter said...

heya! Yes I have tons but can't be putting them all up on the web... too tedious.