Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pain continues... bleh

Been back to the doctor for my injuries and this time I'm being taken more seriously. I was sent up the hill (hospital on the hill, that is) for an xray and am happy to say that the wrist look alright. But the suspicion is that I probably had a Scaphoid fracture and after 6 weeks, it's healed. As for the shoulder, it's still hurts like it was a month ago. After weeks of putting off using my right hand and arm (and that is such a feat), I've now noticed the difference, and how weak the right arm has become.
I've been referred to a physiotherapist and given some rehabilitation exercise to do. Man that hurts, and am expected to hurt even more in order to gain back my muscle strength.
I wonder if I had help earlier on, would I have to suffer still, or could my pain had ended far earlier after the injury?
Anyway, what's done is done. I can't change any of what has happened. All now is hope I get a full recovery and get back to working full force.


Here's one of the exercises I had to do. I actually have the same stress ball as this picture, and coincidentally, I can just about manage to squeeze about that much with my right hand.

No comments: