Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Mos Cooks: Coffee Agar dessert - and my birthday.

Felt like making agar dessert today. So I opened that sachet of powder agar. It's the first time using this and I have to say the instruction of 10g per liter of liquid makes the jelly too firm for my liking. I think I'm going for 0.5% agar next time... it works for my electrophoresis gel, so should be ok for making jellies too, no?

So here is it my first coffee and cream agar dessert.

In big blocks...

In fingers...

It was my birthday a couple days back. Had a small gathering of friends in London for dinner. We had a good time chatting and enjoying the food and cracking lame jokes. My friend A baked me some whoopie pies to my surprise (okay, it was actually baked for a cookbook photoshoot, but it's the thought that counts). It's the first time I've ever had them.
A and R got a little sugary sign on one of the whoopies. Oh, the weather that day was superbly warm, but that was bad news for the whoopies...
Box number 2: more whoopie pies!

Sigh, another year older... good news thought that my thesis has finally got the OK!

No comments: