Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mos Cooks: Gooseberries

Argh, it is nearly 6 in the morning and I can't sleep. Maybe I should cut out on the green tea at night and get more exercise.

Anyway, bought some gooseberries because they were on sale in the supermarket. I had no idea they were going to be so tart. So I turned a whole lot of them into a crumble.

My first gooseberry crumble with vanilla cream. I don't think you can make crumble look very sexy in a picture. haha! My housemates thought it was good though.

I then took the rest and made a little gooseberry sauce to go with my haddock.
My dinner last night. A pseudo Japanese theme of rice, weak miso soup, and baked haddock with gooseberries and capers sauce. The sauce has a sweet and sour taste to it.

Have to say, the best thing about today was my purchase of beer. Erdinger wheat beer after dinner! yay!

No comments: