Friday, October 14, 2005

Mazes and security doors

I'm still adjusting to the fact that my maze-like building is so strict about security. Due to some misguided animal lovers, nearly every door to a corridor is locked. And only special tags can open them, in addition to swipe cards at the main entrance of the building. I overheard a researcher cursing under his breath when he encountered another locked door and had to fumble for the tag again. I don't blame him... Apart from opening doors to get to one place and another (or getting lost) in my building, I'm glad to see that the insectary down in the basement is large and has a healthy stock of mosquitoes of different species. Only thing is that safety procedures mean special lab coats and gloves to be worn in there :(. And of course, no photos. Now if I can just remember the way...

No comments: