Monday, May 22, 2006

It's still raining!

After two weeks, the weather is still grey and wet. Gah! Please! I don't want to cycle on the slippery road and getting a free shower anymore! Besides, would like to participate in some outdoor sports. Right now, what is on offer is Aqua Tennis. But really that isn't my thing...
So anyway, I've gone for two lessons of Karate... Ouch! Seven years of hiatus in this field has left me in muscle fatigue (pain!) that did experienced when I first started in martial arts. At least I can still remember some basic kicks and blocks :S, but not much else. So at the end, I've resolved to start again from the beginning. One thing I like about the Oxford Karate Club is the dojo. It really is a dojo! Wow! Oh and the sensei insists on using Japanese terms only so I'm left a little baffled at times because my previous experience was taught in English. But hey, at least then joining Karate not only gives you the workout and martial arts skill, but also teachers you a new language.
Right, I best cycle home now while the rain is letting up a little.

An obscure observation: When it is raining, and you sing the song "Rain rain go away", does it rain harder or does the rain stop? In my experiences, it always rain harder and harder! Okay, this is bull I know. (For the record, I only did this when I was young! :P)

No comments: