Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter is the excuse for choc overdose

What a weekend! Was your Easter weekend a pigging out session on tons of chocolate? Mine was, starting with a rich chocolate cake of my own concoction on Saturday. Then Sunday, a chocolate egg hunt in a local garden, then a lunch, with more chocolate afterwards.

As you can see, my oh so bold attempt to decorate it as a bird's nest did not turn out quite so well after a couple of mishaps. So then I dubbed it the Easter Dinosaur Nest. Amount of chocolate: 500g of Belgian dark (for the cake), 100g of white chocolate and a bag of Terry's chocolate orange eggs.


Here's one of my egg hunt reward: The evil Cadbury's Creme Egg! So sweet that even your teeth cries in protest! :P
Amount of chocolate consumed at the hunt: 3 eggs, fragments of a chocolate bunny, and a handful of other chocolates.

Ugh, maybe that is why I'm feeling a little sick now... ooo! there is still a quarter of the cake left in the fridge!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Omg... you are really baking up a storm over there. This is a comparison of course to me whom does not bake a single thing.. hee hee... That Choc cake looks positively scrumptious!

*drool*

Moshunter said...

Oh, thanks! That is what I do on rainy days. It's springtime see... :)
You make some nice things to eat as I recall... And your mum's trifle is to die for!

Sharon said...

^_^ you have a faulty memory! I so didn't make any "nice" things to eat. I can only recall that one phase when I started making pies. And for one sheppard's pie, I used 3kg of beef(!) and no gelatine!

I actually wanted to make stew - I just went about making it another way. LOLOL