Monday, April 24, 2006

Another Sunday antics

Sunday was rainy, so what better to do at home? Another cooking experiment! My, is this turning out to be a food blog?

After Easter, I had some leftover white chocolate and about a pint of double cream... what better excuse to make some creme brulee? :P


Firstly, made some Langue De Chat on Friday night... to much of a housemate's irritation as I only finished baking by midnight. Sorry!


And then on to the brulee - white chocolate and raspberry brulee that is... Unfortunately, I couldn't get the burnt sugar layer right as I only have an electric grill... Here's the first one served with extra raspberries and Langue De Chat.


Second attempt , still couldn't get the caramel right. I guess that's why people usually use a blowtorch. So if anyone would like to buy me a blowtorch as a birthday present... much appreciated, as strange as that sounds!

No comments: