Sunday, April 09, 2006

On a Sunday...

I usually spend my Sundays at home. Doing laundry, food shopping, reading, artwork... So today's no different. The day started out with plenty of sunshine, and so I cycled down to visit the Prophets of Tesco. The fresh chicken shelves were on sale: Buy one get one free! Needless to say this was sparked by the recent event of bird flu in the country. Oh for goodness sake! It's in Scotland! But anyway, I thought I should stock up on chicken since memory serves that the prices of poultry and related products will sky-rocket after this. I also bought a few stuff on a wimp that will soon be my lazy Sunday's main event...
So lugging kilos of food (of which half being chicken), I cycled home: in the rain. The meak sun was smothered again and heavy dark clouds summoned tiny droplets of near iced rain dancing around with the chilly winds. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my gloves and so had the luxury of watching my hands turn snow white, then an angry red. And the pain! Heh, that is spring for you.

Right, so after a nice cup of tea and a flapjack (whilst watching the rain that turned into hail and then return of the sun), I started my first attempt at making a japanese cheesecake. I don't know why did I suddenly felt like making cheesecakes... I started at around 4pm, and by the time I've finished with the baking it was 6.30pm! But I guess it was well worth it because the cake turned out quite yummy, if not soft and fluffy as it should. But with the decor on, it was rather pretty. And I was pretty chuffed too when some housemates thought I bought it. Too bad the cake's pristine condition was to last for like 10 minutes! Most of it now sits in the stomachs of five people.


The cake after all the lovely trimmings on. Sad to say the souffle-ness started to sink after a bit.


After dinner, I've got something else to look forward to... yum!

So all in all, not a bad first attempt. ;)

4 comments:

Rob7534 said...

That cake looks soo good! You are a true artist!

Moshunter said...

Aww, *blushes* thank you!

Sharon said...

That looks realllly yummy! You can make cheesecake! OOoh, looking forward to your next visit home with hopes of a yummy delicious scrumptious cheesecake. :-)

Moshunter said...

Hehehe, you bet.